Saturday, June 25, 2011

Training

Well, I finished my first official training week.  I'm planning to run a half-marathon in September.  I feel great and my "long run" which was just 6 miles was a breeze.  I'm watching the movie, Running the Sahara, for a bit of inspiration.  Three men set off to run across the Sahara Desert in 2007. They often ran the equivalent of two marathons a day for over 100 days.  What an achievement!  My goal is certainly more humble than that, but sure makes me feel good!

2 comments:

  1. Hi There, that's awesome. Sorry I haven't visited lately, been a bit off from the online world. Trying to get back into it all though now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie,
    It's great to hear from you again. I can understand taking a break from blogging and browsing. I'll have my own break in the not-too-distant future, I think. I've enjoyed your past couple of posts and look forward to hearing what you and the kids have been up to. Welcome back online! ~Liesl

    ReplyDelete