Monday, March 22, 2010

Sedimentary Rock Activity















For sedimentary rocks, we talked about how the
rocks were formed by layers building up one a-top
the other. Then we made our own sedimentary
layers.

We had different colors of sand (I added food dye
of various colors to the sand and mixed it together
the night before). We also collected dried up leaves
and small pebbles to add to the layers.






Don't miss our free 3 Types of Rocks worksheets that I made (when we studied rocks a few years after I wrote this post). There are also a lot of hands-on activity ideas in that post.
http://homeschoolden.com/2013/02/24/three-types-of-rocks-our-activities-and-a-free-worksheet-packet/
 
I shared some of our hands-on activities in these related posts:
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog...you teach the way I want to. Such great ideas, I'm ready to start my almost 5yo on rocks. Seems so fun! Not sure if she's interested though. Wish I had a friend like you around here. I want to do school at your house all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish to express my sincere gratitude for sharing such an exceptional article. Your dedication to providing this valuable information is truly commendable, and it has not gone unnoticed. The insights you have shared are incredibly helpful to us and undoubtedly to many others as well. Your commitment to delivering informative content is greatly appreciated, and I encourage you to continue your excellent work. Your contributions are truly impactful, and we are thankful for the knowledge and insights you consistently share. Thank you once again for your thoughtful and informative posts! Need finance assignment help? Your quest ends here! We offer finance assignment aid services tailored to you, with a proficient team of over 2000 assignment professionals. Rest assured, we are devoted to guiding you through your assignments. Have questions? Reach out to us promptly.

    ReplyDelete