Friday, March 12, 2010

A Day in the Life of Our Homeschool

I wrote up a detailed post about our homeschool routine (I hesitate to even call it a schedule).  I took notes all day so I could show what a real homeschool day looks like here at the homeschool den. The link is in the right sidebar or click here.

We have various ways we keep our homeschool materials organized.  We use workboxes for most of our academic things (math, math games, various 3-part card activities (ie. Montessori type activities), handwriting, geography maps and activities, basic readers (Bob Books, Animal Antics), phonics games and that kind of thing.  We also have had a theme time table in the past couple of weeks that I've been changing daily (see link on the right sidebar or pictures below).  That said, I am definitely not a follow such-and-such curriculum to a T.  We pull materials from all over; I have a wide range of resources and teaching materials from days-gone-by (not to mention trips to the library where we borrow 20-40 books at a time!).

Anyway, probably the only one interested in the finer details of dishes, laundry and bouncing from kid-to-kid, activity-to-activity is me (in years to come) and the grandparents, but have a looksy if you're interested!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Fabulous....I must do one of these myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great. I loved that you threw in the bits where you were bouncing around with the chores. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the dishes to get done. Lol. Seriously, though, it was a really good read and I think really beneficial to see what someone else's day is like.

    ReplyDelete